Thursday, August 15, 2013

The is where we stand

Well, Hello again, Family!
I bet you were thinking that I had forgotten about you and laid to rest all of that planning for a Pereira Family Reunion.
NOT SO!!
In fact, I have been cruising hotels, checking on places for us to have a family party, talking to DJ’s, wondering about food, activities, transportation...OH it’s endless! BUT I want you all to be comfortable and have a nice time.
So, here is how it stands at the moment:
I have found us a hotel. It is the Marriott Courtyard in Orlando. It has everything we need for a nice weekend with family, including a room for us to have a  family dinner allowing us the time and place to gather and get to know one another. We will be able to begin making our reservations in September, I will send out a quick note to let you know the exact day we can start doing that along with website information, contact phone numbers and emails. It is better to do it sooner rather than later. You will be able to make the reservations under Pereira Family Reunion. The rate is 109$ a night, which is a really great price for that time of year. Of course, if you plan on staying longer and would like to just stay at that hotel, I encourage you to make your plans as soon as possible as they might not have the room for the length of time you need it for.
Unfortunately, the Marriott does not have suites with kitchens and separate bedrooms, if that is what you are looking for. So, I am in the process of setting up arrangements with a hotel called The Sonesta. It is a very nice hotel with apartment style rooms that include a kitchen, multiple bathrooms and the larger rooms can accommodate anywhere from 6 to 8 people. If you are interested in that, hang on to your horses, we won’t be able to make reservations there until a little later on, but I will let you know as soon as I have that information.
I am still working out the extra costs for the family party that will include paying for the food and the entertainment. I will get that information to you as soon as I have it.
A few things, however, being that the reunion is taking place in Orlando, Florida, the land of “The Mouse” and other amusing things, I would like to know what you and your families would like to do while here. I want to be sure to include any information you might need to be able to enjoy yourselves. I am mean parks, shopping, sightseeing, nightlife and so on.
I will be sending you all reminders about all of this very soon, so be on the look out!

Best Love,
Monika M Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment